Friday, March 29, 2013

Blog 2



1.     Have you had to go to your school counselor to assist in a situation?  What was your experience in working with the counselor?  Were you able to get the student or parent the resources they needed?  If you have not had an experience with a school counselor, after hearing this webinar what scares you the most about the topics discussed?  What thoughts did you have reflecting on the content of this webinar?  

I did have to go to my school counselor to assist me in making a CPS call.  There was a student with huge open welts on the backs of his legs.  It was my first year teaching and the whole thing was very upsetting to me.  I did not know if I was doing the right thing.  The counselor talked me through the process and assured me that anytime there is a concern of abuse, it is morally and ethically right to make the call.  I was also informed that if nothing out of the ordinary was noted the CPS worker would close the case and if it was legitimate then I was doing what was in the best interest of the child.I do not know what came after my call, as I have gained more experience, I know I did the right thing and I am glad I had the counselor to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment